Our Client is a German online travel comparison and booking website based in Berlin, Germany. It was founded in 2012 and the first web application went live in 2013. From a small startup of just a few people, the company has grown to over 300 employees hailing from more than 50 countries who work at offices in Berlin, Prague, Beijing, London, and New York. With more than $400 million raised in funding, it is supported by several key investors who believe in its vision.
The website and corresponding mobile apps are available in 21 languages. The platform offers travelers the ability to organize transportation requirements such as trains, planes, buses, etc by using their easy-to-use portal and mobile application. They bring together more than 1,000 transportation providers across trains, buses, flights, ferries, cars, and airport transfers. It covers 207 European airports, over ten thousand central bus stations, and over twenty thousand train stations.
We are searching for a mid-level or Senior Frontend Engineer to join the awesome Berlin team and play a key role in delivering technology solutions to improve the user experience and engagement throughout our search funnel across our different platforms. We share a common goal of “making travel easy.” We believe we’re helping scope the future of travel and want you to help us on our journey!
Our team is a full-stack, multi-platform team delivering solutions to improve user experience, together with your peers, you will build new products that help to automate and personalize our user experience. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a cross-functional team where tech, product, design, and Data Scientists work together to deliver outstanding solutions.
What You Will Do:
- Create robust frontend solutions using state-of-the-art technologies. You will build components that are used throughout all of the frontends (mobile, desktop, apps)
- Work with your team to rapidly test ideas on users, use results for iterations and improve our product
- Test new languages, libraries, and frameworks and evaluate their potential to make sure we never stop innovating. You will share best practices with other teams and help make those a company standard.
- Build highly reusable frontend components that can be dynamically mounted in any react frontend
- Apply your engineering experience to automate processes and help to guide the team during the decision making
Examples of the technologies we currently use and you’ll be working with include (but are by no means limited to):
- Tooling (package managers, semantic versioning, releasing, Webpack, etc)
- Kubernetes, Docker
- Ability to write well-formatted, structured, and clean code that interacts with backend technologies
- Experience with modern front-end build pipelines and tools (we use webpack)
- Experience with micro-frontends, CI/CD pipelines, Docker/Kubernetes
- Optional but big plus:
- Experience with typescript
- Experience with GraphQL