Our Client is a German online travel comparison and booking website based in Berlin, Germany. It was founded in 2012 and the first web application went live in 2013. From a small startup of just a few people, the company has grown to over 300 employees hailing from more than 50 countries who work at offices in Berlin, Prague, Beijing, London, and New York. With more than $400 million raised in funding, it is supported by several key investors who believe in its vision.
The website and corresponding mobile apps are available in 21 languages. The platform offers travelers the ability to organize transportation requirements such as trains, planes, buses, etc by using their easy-to-use portal and mobile application. They bring together more than 1,000 transportation providers across trains, buses, flights, ferries, cars, and airport transfers. It covers 207 European airports, over ten thousand central bus stations, and over twenty thousand train stations.
You will be part of an agile, cross-functional development team that is working hard to develop the best travel product across platforms for our users. As a Front-End Engineer, you will be a key driver for defining and implementing a scalable, flexible front-end architecture that enables a consistent UX, fast delivery across platforms, and seamless coordination between multiple product engineering teams to create superb end-to-end experiences for more than 20 million travelers per month.
What you will do:
- Create robust front-end solutions using state-of-the-art technologies. You will build components that are used throughout all of the frontends (mobile, desktop, apps)
- Work with your team to rapidly test ideas on users, use results for iterations and improve our product
- Test new languages, libraries, and frameworks and evaluate their potential to make sure we never stop innovating. You will share best practices with other teams and help make those a company standard.
- Build highly reusable frontend components that can be dynamically mounted in any react frontend
Our technology stack is diverse and ever-changing. Examples of the technologies we currently use and you’ll be working with include (but are by no means limited to):
- Typescript with React for our web applications
- React-Native for our Android and iOS apps
- Node.js for supporting backend services when needed
- Kubernetes, Docker
What we’re looking for:
- Solid experience in React JS (React Native knowledge is a big plus)
- Ability to write structured and clean code that interacts with backend technologies
- Experience with modern front-end build pipelines and tools (we use webpack)
- Experience with defining and delivering scalable frontend architectures (e.g. micro frontends)
- Some experience with GraphQL